An easy snack or a side dish!
- 1 Medium stovetop pan
- 1 large stovetop pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 lb ground meat Pork is most popular but anything ground will work (chicken, beef, turkey)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 8 Egg Roll Wrappers See link in recipe and notes, can be found at Walmart usually as well
- 2 oz shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp water
- In the medium pan and over medium heat, mix together your ground meat, ginger, and garlic powder. stir thoroughly and cook until the meat is no longer raw. (For pork, until it is no longer pink)
- In the large pan, heat the peanut oil over medium high heat.
- While the oil is heating, combine the flour and water in a small mixing bowl until a paste is formed. In the large mixing bowl, combine the carrots, cabbage, and meat.
- Lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed toward you. Place about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the cabbage, carrot and pork mixture on egg roll paper and fold a corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a bit of the flour paste on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.