Click here to visit our sushi roll library!
Quick & Easy Fried Rice
You won't believe how easy fried rice is to make delicious fried rice.
- Wok or the largest skillet you own
- Large Skillet (Yes, another one)
- cutting board and a sharp knife
- 3 tbsp butter divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup frozen carrots (diced) (Usually you can find a bag of frozen peas and carrots in the freezer section)
- 1 cup frozen peas (Usually you can find a bag of frozen peas and carrots in the freezer section)
- 1 small white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups cooked and chilled white rice more on this below
- 4 green onions sliced thin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce add more to taste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- THE NIGHT BEFORE (if not the night before, then several hours before, the longer the better), cook your white rice, put it in a bowl, and place it in the fridge to chill and dry out. This is the secret to making crisp fried rice!
- Once the rice has chilled for at least several hours, put 1 tbsp of butter into a large skillet and cook and scramble the eggs. Once the eggs are cooked, remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and once it is melted, combine the onion and garlic, then add the frozen peas, carrots, and cold rice. This is going to cause the hot pan to pop and sizzle!
- Turn the heat up slightly and cook for 3 to 4 minutes before adding the eggs, green onion, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil!
- Cook for several more minutes until the mixture of everything is hot and slightly browned
- Season with salt, pepper, and soy sauce to taste!Enjoy!